The main ingredients of an excellent concept:
- Connecting with younger target audience.
- Brand is associated with the older generations, does not appeal to the younger.
- The brand is not reaching the desired TM.
- Current brand image is old/stale.
- Voice does not speak to younger generation
- Force a reappraisal to the audience that doesn’t consider Crown Plaza.
Challenges (as defined in class)
- UX – fast and accessible (booking – arrival)
- Repositioning- look and feel, approachability, brand image, comms.
- Business with Pleasure
wouldn’t it be nice if… I’d like a room with… I get excited when…
Examples of insight from millennials:
- Enjoy Unique / authentic experience
- crave lived experiences
- love stories to tell
- Are willing to travel for food
- love customization
- Impulsive decision makers
- Love geeky references
- Waffles in the monin’
- Daybeds in the sun
- Hate jet-lag
- Big beanbags!
- Cake for breakfast
5) Litres and litres of creative words
So i think i’m going to split these into separate posts, following the evolution of certain insights – their usp’s – features and benefits – finally word them into concept proposals.